Spend your free time having fun in the sunshine, not the kitchen!
Garlic. Lemon. Rosemary.
This EASY, no-fuss Chicken will make your busy weeknights so much better!
Let your slow cooker do the work for you. Just set it to low and Go!
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed pieces
- 2 whole lemons, thinly sliced
- 4-5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 whole chicken (may also use chicken breasts and/or thighs)
- 1 cup bone broth
- Line inside of slow-cooker with parchment paper (for fast clean-up)
- Add bone broth to slow cooker pot.
- Line bottom of slow cooker pot with 1/2 the lemon slices and 1/2 of the garlic, and 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- If using whole chicken add some of the remaining slices of lemon, crushed garlic pieces, and 1 spring of rosemary inside of the chicken.
- Place whole chicken or chicken pieces on top of lemon and garlic.
- Top with remaining lemon slices, garlic, and rosemary.
- Cover with lid.
- Set slow cooker to low, and cook for 6-8 hours, (varies depending on size of chicken).
- This will be very tender and literally fall of the bones.
- Serve over riced cauliflower or whole-grain brown rice. Enjoy!
Author: Dawn Palacios, RD, Registered Dietitian
- Save time by prepping garlic, lemons and rosemary ahead of time. Just, place in storage baggie and keep in refrigerator until ready to use. Then follow above directions when you're ready to cook the chicken